UPDATE: We have tweaked the way you submit your entries. All you have to do now is upload your video entry via a Google Form. We also extended the contest end date by one week. You now have until 20 October 2019 to submit your entry!
If you’re obsessed about your music gear, we reckon you probably know about the annual NAMM Show… You might have scoured Instagram for the latest gear shots each January, spent hours on Youtube browsing for gear demos on never-seen-before products. Maybe you even dared to dream of one day being at NAMM in person.
Well, together with our partner Guitar.com, we’re giving you the chance for that once in a lifetime experience!
An open call to become Swee Lee’s NAMM Roving Reporter
We’re looking for the ultimate lover of guitars, basses, amps, effect pedals, drum kits and all things gear in South East Asia – and we want to send you to the 2020 NAMM Show.
The Winter NAMM Show is the biggest music industry trade show in the world. The biggest brands in music will be there, from Gibson, Marshall, Strymon and everything in between. Attendees will get the first look at their latest releases and sometimes even NAMM exclusive products (like these incredible Limited Edition NAMM Fender Custom Shops in Swee Lee). Many renowned musicians will be there too, and it’s a chance to get to rub shoulders with some of your heroes!
How do I enter?
Entry Period: 4 September 2019 to 20 October 2019
Head in to your local Swee Lee store in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, or Vietnam. You can find our list of locations here.
Show us around the store and prove you know your gear. Pick a favourite piece of gear, whip out your camera and capture a video of you giving a short demo or review on the product. Unfortunately, we can only accept entries recorded in English.
Upload your video here.
Going to the 2020 NAMM Show
We’ll send our roving report to attend the 2020 Winter NAMM Show (16 –19 January 2020) in Anaheim, California. Flights and accommodations are included in the prize. Yep. We’re really going to be sending one of you.
The NAMM Show is an industry exhibition, so while you’ll feel like a kid in a candy shop, there’s still business to get down to. You’ll be representing Swee Lee at the NAMM Show as our Roving Reporter – you’ll be there flexing your chops to demonstrate the best new gear and capturing video to report back to the region!
Once we have our roving reporter, we’ll work together with you to come up with a plan to showcase the best gear during the four days at NAMM. You’ll be mentored by the journalists and presenters from Guitar.com as well as get to work with the Swee Lee Team!
How to make the cut
A panel of judges from the Swee Lee team together with the team at Guitar.com will be choosing the final roving reporter.
We’ll pick a shortlist of finalists based on these criteria:
- A unique and likeable personality
- Knowledge of gear and playing style
- Video production and editing quality
We will select our finalists and email the winner by 22 October 2019. Then you will meet the Swee Lee and Guitar.com team to show off your Roving Reporter ideas and even demo a product on the spot!
We’ll unveil the identity of our new Swee Lee Roving Reporter in early November!
Then it’s up to you to get your annual leave approved ASAP 😉
Think you’ve got the chops to be our NAMM Roving Reporting? Show us what you’ve got and you might just be packing your bags for the dream trip to the 2020 NAMM Show!
Contest Terms and Conditions
The 2020 NAMM Roving Reporter Experience (the “Audition”) is organised by SWEE LEE HOLDINGS PTE LTD (Swee Lee) and Guitar.com.
- The Audition is open to anyone in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Vietnam except employees of Swee Lee, sponsoring companies and their agencies. Contestants must be 18 years old and above.
- Audition starts on Tuesday 4 September 2019 at 0900 hrs (UTC +8) and ends on Sunday 20 October 2019, 2359 hrs (UTC +8). To enter, each participant in the Audition must:
- Submit a video of themselves reviewing or demonstrating a product available at any of the Swee Lee stores in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, or Vietnam
- The Audition entry must be submitted via the Google Form linked on the contest page.
- Swee Lee reserves the right to reject any submission it deems inappropriate in its sole discretion at any time without informing the participants.
- The successful participant will represent Swee Lee at the 2020 NAMM Show on 16 January 2020 to 19 January 2020. Return flight ticket and accommodation is included. The following shall only be given out to participants who qualify to participate meeting all requirements here and elsewhere in the Terms and Conditions. Swee Lee reserves the right in addition to any other available remedies to forfeit the entire prize or to deduct any damages/losses payable from the prize, at its sole discretion.
- A Swee Lee panel of judges and the Guitar.com team will pick the successful participant. The successful participant of the Audition will be notified via Email on 22 October 2019.
- All decisions made by Swee Lee in relation to this Audition are final and no enquiries, appeals, verbal or written or any other correspondence will be entertained. The participants agree to accept and abide by all decisions made by Swee Lee.
- No obligation will be incurred by Swee Lee by reason of participation in this Audition.
- Each participant agrees that your personal data may be used by the BandLab Technologies group of companies to send him/her marketing and advertising materials in relation to goods and services of Swee Lee and its business partners, and for research and analysis. If any participant has any questions relating to Swee Lee’s collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal data, please contact Swee Lee’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participants shall not grant any interviews or discuss with any member of the press or other media his/her participation in the Audition, without first notifying and obtaining the prior written consent of Swee Lee.
- Swee Lee reserves the right to change, amend or add to these terms and conditions without prior notice. Swee Lee further reserves the right, without any liability on its part whatsoever, to cancel, postpone, terminate, suspend or in any other way cease this Audition at any time without prior notice.
- Each participant expressly acknowledges and agrees that Swee Lee, its related/affiliated companies and their respective officers, employees and agents shall not be liable to any of the participants for any claim, liability, damages, cost, loss or expense whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with his/her participation in the Audition, or arising from compliance with these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions and this event shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Singapore laws.